Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Shop Car

Been putting in some hours on the shop car lately, still needs a fair bit before we can drive it reliably. 

We received a Blitz intercooler kit in the last container though, and I am thankful for buying genuine. Came complete with battery relocation brackets, washer bottle relocation brackets, clamps, mounts silicone hoses etc. 

It was so fucking hot on Saturday when I started fitting the kit! But i got everything relocated/mocked up. Hit a bit of a wall because I don't have a 100mm hole saw, but I will sort that by next Saturday. Here it is when I started:
It had overspray everywhere and damage on the LHS Chassis Rail. 
We spread the rail back out by tapping some blocks of wood into it. We will have to spot a weld on the rail though, that cracked in the original accident. as you can see I also gave it a lick of paint.
And this is where I gave up.

Will snap some more pictures once I have plumbed it all in.

You can look forward to updates very soon including Jay's S13 on the road, My S13 with different wheels maybe, and hopefully Mitch's Re-shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment