Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

That Stupid Dodge

This is the last image of it you will have to look at before things start to happen.



As you can see I am trying to figure out what heights are achievable with what degree of work. I will be able to get the above height by flipping the spring hangers and removing half or more of the spring pack.
 Le Leaf Spring.
Considering 'Channeling' the body though, these main beams under the bed are mostly rusted so rather than replace with an equivalent height piece of steel, i can easily just quarter their height. There are like 5 beams so it is super easy. Where it gets hard is the 4 mounting points in the cab. (Also this isn't really a great representation of Channeling it is a watered down version lol).
I have looked at the chassis & body for ages contemplating different things. Like remanufacturing the brackets on the chassis to lower the whole cab. But then i would have to cut the floor to fit the chassis rails and gearbox.
But the floor is so basic and damaged by rust where it meets the rest of the body that I think I will leave the Chassis, Mounts and Cab Floor intact, cut around the perimeter of the floor and lower the cab over it. I will have to cut/bend the pedals to suit and get creative with the steering position, but it should work out OK.
As you can see there won't be any issues with the firewall, I will just have to spend some time on the front panels to get everything aligned.

To go lower from here I would have to Z the Chassis or at least notch it up the back and put an independent front end on it. So I kinda have to balance how much a Channel it in relation to whether I will be modifying the chassis later. But there is a kind of..soul or spirit I feel with keeping the axle front end etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment